- Recommend policies, requirements and procedures for admission to the College of Medicine for first year students and those for advanced standing in the educational program for the degree of Doctor of Medicine.
- Evaluate the qualifications of applicants and recommend those selected for admission to the Dean of the College of Medicine.
- Evaluate the various tools, criteria and procedures used in the process of appraisal and selection of applicants; study the trends of applications and admissions to medical schools locally, regionally and nationally; engage in recruitment activities and such other appropriate steps as may be useful in obtaining highly qualified medical students who also may be representative of diverse social and cultural backgrounds.
- Participate, as may be appropriate and feasible, in visits to other colleges and universities, in conferences relating to admission, in career day programs and in other appropriate activities related to recruitment and admissions.
- Coordinate and guide the activities of faculty members and students who serve as interviewers of prospective students; receive and evaluate interview reports and recommendations of interviewers as a source of information on the suitability of prospective candidates.
The College of Medicine Admissions Committee has the responsibility and final authority for accepting students to the medical school who possess the intelligence, integrity, and personal and emotional characteristics to become competent physicians.
Staff Contact: Jodi Davenport at 859-323-6161